Tuesday, October 18, 2005

My Headshots Suck

Well, that seems to be the prevailing opinion, concisely stated.

I appreciate all of the feedback, and um, candor. It was nice that so many of you made sure to say nice things like, "I'm sure you're a good looking guy, but..." to preface your comments. That helped to soften the blow.

Many of you asked, "can't we see more choices?" Well, possibly. The implication seems to be that it's simply not possible that out of 50+ shots, these two were the best. Well, I think they were, and I don't even think it was a particularly close call. I may post a few of the other ones, if only to illustrate a) how bad most of the other photos were, and b) how good these two were by comparison.

I guess the conclusion is, if you use a cheap photographer, you will get what you pay for. Maybe a second conclusion is that the next time I get a paid gig, I should use the money for new headshots by a better photographer.

You live and learn.

This week is less busy than last, thank God. So far I only have one show booked this week, on Friday, which is fine with me.

7 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger The Guardian said...

Ok...I'm sure by now, I sound redundant, but how about a smiling one? Was there a smiling one in the bunch? C'mon...humor a girl, comedy man...

:o)

Cutie

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one where you are scowling is the best. If that is what you look like most often, then you are a good-looking guy. I think the point here should be weather or not someone would recognize you from your head shot. Granted I don't know you so I can't say if I would recognize you, but if it is the one you most identify with (and it must be, you attched it to your blog) then its fine. Its great even, you look good in my opinion.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Dan said...

This may just be asking for trouble but why not get K to take some of you with her digital camera?

Then you can see what works and what doesn't work before you hire a 'professional'.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger 'nilla said...

look, if K is busy with Bob, it is now your duty to sustain us. YOU GOTTA POST MORE!

Oh and I have done the headshot thing and I SO hate it.

speak to us. we are VERY demanding IIFS!

We are waiting for more pictures. Meanwhile, like you know start a post about ketchup or something.

I'm trying to stalk you and stuff, but come on, give me something to work with...

(psst I live on the east coast and can't REALLY stalk you, be not afraid)

come on dude, give us something.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Ish said...

Ah, 'nilla,

Thanks for stopping over. I have posted some stuff on Not Real News, rather than TOPOC. If your taste doesn't run to fake news, I'm sorry.

I am working on a poignant, reflective post about tartar sauce, though. Keep an eye out for it!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Your headshots don't work because in black and white your bald head is the same color as the background. Shoot the same series of photo's with a black background, lite yourself so you stand out from the background and you will soon be a wealthy famous comic (if you are funny)...

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Aarwenn said...

Frankly, I like the bemused, sarcastic one just fine and think it will do for quite awhile, until you have the need/resources for more head shots. Go on with your bad self.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home