Friday, January 13, 2006

A Cheapy

This is going to be a cheapy entry, mostly because I feel obliged to write something, and yet I don't have that much time or inspiration.

So here's where I am at:

Stand-up: I have two shows tonight, the second of which is a kind of "Tough Crowd"-type show on which I will be a guest panelist, cracking wise about the latest headlines. I'm doing an audition on Monday to a giant room full of empty chairs and desperation. Good times indeed. I have stuff Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, too. (See below.) But other than that, I'm wide open!

Improv: I have been taking a class, I auditioned for a group, and I was invited/co-opted into another group. Something's got to give-- as much as I like it, I can't keep up with all of them. The group I auditioned for is meeting on Saturday-- I'll try to get a sense of that before I make any decisions.

Writing: I have a couple of other top-secret writing projects that are going okay. The main reason they are top-secret is to minimize my accountability to you, internet. It's so that I don't have to answer questions like, "so what ever happened to that thing you were writing?" Because I might not like the answer.

Here's a typical week, comedy schedule-wise.

Monday: improv class
Tuesday: show (hopefully)
Wednesday: stalk bookers at 2 clubs; also supposed to meet with other improv group
Thursday: stand-up class
Friday: Show
Saturday: Improv (afternoon)
Sunday: stalk booker at local club (evening)

"So when," you may well ask, "do you find time to write?" Ah. Good question. That why I have to pare down this schedule. It's too hectic as is, so I'm waiting for a couple of things to shake loose, and then we will reevaluate.

Otherwise, two double ought six is off to a promising start.

1 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would not call that cheap. Bland perhaps ;)

(I know, I know. We complain about lack of posts, then give you a hard time. Ah, the life of a blogger.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home