Tuesday, August 30, 2005

North Beach

I had a good weekend, thanks for asking. Did a show on Friday night where I was on a first name basis with all but about 5 people in the place. But that was okay, I had a good set-- I was loose, having fun, enjoying my time on stage. Surfing the punches. Playing in the seams. You know how we do.

Performed at a new place last night-- it was a very cool spot, a cafe in North Beach.

Here's something. I haven't put it all together yet, by any means. I'm not a nationally touring headliner, I don't have an Emmy. I still have a day job.

But if you had told me when I was in high school that I would be performing standup comedy in San Francisco, in North Beach, former stomping ground of Jack Kerouac, Lenny Bruce and Carol Doda, I would have said: where do I sign up?

4 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger riseyp said...

I hope you paid proper tribute to Carol Doda by ending your act with a striptease!

Live Nude Comics!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Dan said...

umm...I'm shuddering at that last comment. No offense!

The next time you're there could you ask them how they feel about the South Beach diet? Do they feel left out? Resentful? Is everyone in North Beach overweight?

I'ld like to know...

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Ish said...

You better believe I know how to swing my tassles!

Yeah, Live Nude Comics doesn't sound like a strong marketing plan.

Wherever Carol Doda is today, probably in traction, I salute her.

People in North Beach aren't fat, but they aren't exactly fit either. The North Beach diet consists entirely of pizza, coffee and weed. If you don't have pizza or coffee, you may subsitute more weed.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Dan said...

That explains why they surf with sharks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home