Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I planned to look all hip and young today. I got this sweet new shirt. I wore it with khaki pants, and my oh-so-hip-to-it Merrill shoes (brown).

I'm thinking, perfect, the shirt has khaki which reads well with the pants, and a darker color which goes with the shoes. All systems go.

It looked excellent in the mirror in the early morning hours. When I finally caught sight of myself in broad daylight, I was able to see that the khaki color of my shirt and my khaki pants are totally different. The pants have a slightly pink-ish hue, while the shirt's khaki is more green. My shoes, too, are more of a greenish brown than reddish. (They are much cooler looking than I am making them sound.)

Is it hip-looking to clash, but just slightly? I am asking myself: what would Mary-Kate Olsen think of this ensemble?

2 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize this is a slightly old post, but I just wanted to let you know that an all-khaki ensemble, however unified or not in its khakidom, has NEVER been hip. Ever.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Ish said...

First of all, the shirt was not khaki. It had vertical stripes, mainly blue, but with a thin line of khaki. I don't want you to think that I think dressing like the Crocodile Hunter = "hip." Crikies, no.

Second: on the other hand, and this was my point, sometimes my efforts to be hip end with tragic consequences. Who really says "hip," anyway?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home