Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Back to our regularly scheduled program...

So.

I'm done with my China Stories (at least for awhile), so I'm going to go back to comedy blogging. I will still post sporadically, and no one will read it and that is okay.

Yes, I'm still doing comedy. I was part of a sketch comedy group for about 6 months. It was fun, but we weren't quite gelling. I felt like I barely had the time to contribute, and that I needed far more time to really make it as good as it could be. Nevertheless, it was fun - I enjoyed the performances. We did two skecthes I wrote - one worked really well, one didn't. I did get a better understanding of how to write for sketch, and why that one sketch didn't work.

Standup has been going okay. I probably perform a little less now than I was say 6 months ago. But I have a pretty steady schedule of decent shows.

I need badly to write new material, and retire some of what is my "A" material right now. I'm just not feeling it as much as I used to, even though it still works well. I'm working on that. I've got a whole bunch of half-assed bits, which I am hoping to convert to full-assed.

After 10+ months of sitting in the back of the Punchline on Sunday nights, I finally got on, which was great. I had a good (7-minute) set, so that was great, too. Now I sit for another 4-6 months, probably, before I get on again.

3 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"full-assed". haha gues you really are a comic ;)

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger merideth said...

"full-assed"...it's those throwaway lines that grab you

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger OneBadSue said...

I was going to comment on full-assed, but that seems so this afternoon. Hurrah for the Punchline, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home